With new and inventive marketing technologies emerging at such a fast rate, it’s easy to forget about the tried and trusted tool that is Email. If you have an ecommerce website, you’re most likely familiar with Email Marketing, and use it often to build relationships with audiences and to connect with new and existing customers. But how effective is Email Marketing today?
Email’s cost effectiveness has always been its key selling point. Still averaging around $42 returned for every $1 spent, it is a critical part of any digital strategy, especially for growing businesses. To keep you up to date with what’s happening in the world of Email, we’ve collected some of the most interesting 2022 Email Marketing statistics.
- Over 90 percent of internet users own an email account, with Gmail and Apple iPhone being the two leading e-mail clients.
- The average email open rate for the eCommerce industry is 15.68 percent.
- Tuesday has the highest open rate at 18 percent, while Saturday has the lowest open rate.
- Friday is typically the day of the week with the highest click-through-rate at 2.7 percent
- The best time to send emails is 10 a.m., according to Sendinblue’s research.
- Plain text emails have a higher open rate than HTML emails. In fact, increasing the amount of HTML in an email lowers open rates by 23 percent.
- 56 percent of brands using an emoji in their email subject lines had a higher unique open rate.
- Including a call to action button instead of a text link has increased conversion rates by as much as 28 percent.
- 41.9 percent of emails are opened on mobile devices, while desktop accounts for just 18.9 percent.
- Women spend seven more minutes per month on a smartphone checking email compared to men.
- 50 percent of Americans check email while in bed, while 42 percent check email in the bathroom.
- Of all types of marketing emails, triggered emails perform the best with the highest average open rates ranging from 45 to 55 percent, while newsletter open rates hover around 10 percent.
- Cart abandonment emails usually have around a 43 percent open rate, and a CTR of 8.76 percent.
- For abandonment emails, the fashion industry sees the highest click-through-rates at 34 percent.
- The number one reason people will unsubscribe to a newsletter is because the content received is irrelevant to them